EEA Family Permit Applications

Content is deprecated

You would need to fulfil the following requirements:

  • You are from a country outside the EEA
  • You are joining a person in the UK
  • You are a relative (partner, child or grandchild) of a qualified person – an EEA citizen

There are additional eligibility requirements for unmarried partners, extended family members and students.


You would need to submit a variety of documents, such as a valid passport, proof of relationship with the EEA national, his/her passport or national identity card.

The EEA national would need to prove their right of residence or documents proving their employment, self-employment or their status as a student.

Retained right

In certain circumstances you can apply for the Permit if you had previously had the right to stay in the UK as a relative of an EEA citizen, but you have for example since divorced or the person passed away

Derivative rights of residence

You can submit an application if you wish to derive your rights as a primary caregiver of an EEA/British child or dependent adult.

You can also apply for the Permit as a relative of a British national who has been employed in another EEA nation.

How can we help you?

Free Initial Assessment

We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation over the phone, where you can briefly discuss your matter with expert immigration lawyers.

Book a free initial assessment Contact Us