ILR as Victim of Domestic Violence

You will need this visa if you would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK and you are a victim of domestic violence. In order to do so, you must already have limited leave as a spouse, unmarried partner, registered civil partner or same sex partner of a British citizen (or a person settled in the UK).

The meaning of domestic violence includes any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults who are or have been intimate partners or family members (parents, children, siblings and grandparents), regardless of gender or sexuality.  

Under this visa, you do not need to show knowledge of language, in certain circumstances you would also not need to pay the fee.


Among other things, you would need to demonstrate that:

  • You are in the UK
  • You have made a valid application for indefinite leave to remain as a victim of domestic violence
  • During the last period of limited leave as a partner your relationship with your partner broke down permanently as a result of your partner’s domestic violence

How can we help you?

Free Initial Assessment

We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation over the phone, where you can briefly discuss your matter with expert immigration lawyers.

Book a free initial assessment Contact Us