TOC (Transfer of Conditions) Application

You can submit this application if your passport has now been invalidated or has expired and you want to transfer the conditions of your leave to a new BRP (Biometrics Residence Permit) card. You must replace your visa with a BRP if your name or personal details change.

You can still use the valid visa in your expired passport, but you’ll need to show your expired passport and your new passport when you’re travelling to and from the UK.

  • If you’re in the UK, you can apply for a BRP
  • If you’re outside the UK, you can transfer your visa to your new passport.

You can still use your visa even if your passport’s expired, but you can choose to replace it with a biometric residence permit (BRP). You must replace your visa with a BRP if your name or personal details change

You must:

  • have leave remaining – leave that has expired cannot be transferred
  • continue to meet the requirements and conditions of the leave they were granted

You can replace your visa with a BRP by applying for a ‘transfer of conditions’ (TOC).

You then should either:

  • post your form with the fee (use the address on the form)
  • take your form when you apply in person at a premium service centre

24-hour super priority service is available for TOC (Transfer of Conditions) applications. This service is giving you the opportunity to get a decision on the application within 24 hours.

How can we help you?

Free Initial Assessment

We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation over the phone, where you can briefly discuss your matter with expert immigration lawyers.

Book a free initial assessment Contact Us