Apply for this visa if you would like to visit your family in the UK, join them or to remain with them in the UK.
You would need to fulfil certain requirements:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are planning to visit the UK for a maximum period of 6 months
- Upon expiry of the visa you will leave the country at your own expense
- You will be able to support yourself financially without public benefits or work
- Your relative must be a UK citizen, a settled person or a person under humanitarian/asylum protection
If you are applying for a long-term visit visa, you would need to show that you have a frequent or continuing need to visit the UK, which is not likely to change while your visa is valid and you will exit the UK upon its expiry.
You would of course need to submit certain documents, such as evidence of family in the UK, your ID, financial evidence and proof of the relative residing in the UK.
You can apply to extend your visa from within the UK before your visa expires.