Marriage Visitor Visa

For this visa, you would need to fulfil the following requirements:

  • You are at least 18 years old
  • You are free to marry or enter into a civil partnership within six months from arriving in the UK
  • The relationship is genuine
  • You are planning to stay in the UK for a maximum of six months and you will leave afterwards at your own expense
  • You will support yourself financially without work or social assistance while in the UK

If successful, you would be permitted to do the following:

  • Stain in the UK up to six months
  • Apply to marry or enter into a civil partnership
  • Apply for a licence or register your union

However, you will not be able to do the following:

  • Claim social assistance
  • Bring your relatives to the UK on your visa
  • Switch to another visa or apply for an extension
  • Work
  • Study for over 30 days

You would need to submit certain documents, such as your ID, financial evidence and plans regarding the marriage.

Free Initial Assessment

We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation over the phone, where you can briefly discuss your matter with expert immigration lawyers.

Book a free initial assessment Contact Us