Tier 1 (Investor) visa

If you come from outside the EEA or Switzerland, you have access to funds and you with to invest them in the UK, this is the category for you.


You need to fulfil set criteria in order to qualify for the visa, such as:

  • Having an investment amount of at least £2,000,000
  • Being 18 or older
  • Proving that the funds belong to you or your partner
  • Having a working bank account in the UK
  • Depositing the funds in at least one regulated banking institution in the UK
  • Having sufficient funds to support yourself

You can also apply for this visa if you already reside in the UK and fulfil additional criteria.


You would need a valid passport and travel identification, tuberculosis test result (if you are coming from a certain country where the test is mandatory) and a criminal record certificate.

You also need to show proof of the funds.

If the funds belong to you, you need to provide evidence of the amount, its location and its origin (if not in your possession for at least three months). You also need to show, that the money can be transferred to the UK and changed to sterling, if not already in the UK.

If the funds belong to your partner, you also need to submit the marriage certificate/civil partnership or proof that you have been in a relationship for at least two years, partner’s written statement and a legal declaration that the statement is valid.

Visa extension

You can extend your visa before it expires, however you need to include all family members you have brought to the UK with you, in the application.

Since 06.11.2014, you can extend your visa if you are controlling at least £2,000,000 in the UK, you have invested all the money in loan capital or share capital in at least one operational company in the UK or in UK government bonds, and you invested it within three months of your Investor Start Date.

You will also need several investment portfolios.

How can we help you?

Free Initial Assessment

We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation over the phone, where you can briefly discuss your matter with expert immigration lawyers.

Book a free initial assessment Contact Us