Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa
When applying, make sure, that you fulfil the following criteria:
- You would like to reside and live in the UK for up to twenty four months/2 years
- You are between 18 and 30 years old inclusive
- You have at least £1,890.00 in savings
- You belong to specific countries, are an overseas British citizen, citizen of a British overseas territory, or a British national residing overseas
- You are from Australia, Monaco, Canada, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Republic of Korea, Japan, and New Zealand
- You only must have a sponsor if they belong to the Taiwan, Hong Kong, or the Republican of Korea
The following people cannot apply for this visa category:
- Children who are financially dependent on you
- Children who reside with you
- If you have been in the former working holidaymaker group or under a United Kingdom plan before
You need to apply at least three months before you are to start the work. You should receive the decision within three weeks.
Applicants need a score of 50 points under the point-based system to be successful.
You would need a valid passport and travel identification, tuberculosis test result (if you are coming from a certain country where the test is mandatory) and bank statements showing funds. You also need to settle a healthcare surcharge.